We offer a wide range of specialist services, including advice on:
- Corporate planning
- Inheritance tax planning, including all types of pension schemes and employee benefits.
Our focus is on both capital enhancement and capital protection. We believe in providing a high-quality service, with the emphasis on building long-term relationships with our clients, and we have dedicated and skilled office staff who work together to achieve this.
- The value of an investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back as much as you put in.
- The value of pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
- The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate Employee Benefits, Inheritance Tax Planning, Estate Planning, Tax Planning & Advice on Cash Deposits
THE CONSULTATION PROCESS
The objective of the advice service that we provide is to put in place product solutions to enable you to meet your financial goals and then regularly review the performance of those solutions to help you to remain on track. In order to achieve this we follow the process set out below, which is broken down into six stages:
- Initial consultation
- Fact finding
- Report of recommendations
- Implementation: arranging products and related actions
- Ongoing review
This could involve a specific review of your current arrangements and circumstances in relation to particular issues you feel require attention, or could involve your entire financial situation. Any or all of the following issues could form part of our review service and we would agree this at the initial consultation.
- Investment Review – An objective assessment of your risk tolerance and complete review of existing investments held, including the interest rates applicable on cash deposits.
- Protection Review – An assessment of any life or health protection policies in place, the level of cover provided, and any identified shortfalls.
- Estate Planning Review – A review and assessment of the impact of inheritance tax on your estate and possible solutions to mitigate this. Also, includes Long Term Care as appropriate.
- Lifestyle Financial Planning – Creation and implementation of a strategy to enable you to achieve your objectives, which may include solutions for repayment of borrowing, saving for school/university fees or investing for other specified goals.
Using the results of our review process we will then carry out research to enable us to identify the most suitable recommendations to help you to achieve your personal financial needs and objectives.
The purpose of this is to identify your personal needs and objectives, establish what benefits would result from using our services, outline our associated costs and give you the opportunity to appoint us.
We will present our report detailing the results of our research and personal recommendations including specific product solutions that will support you in achieving your personal needs and objectives.
This process only begins once we have your agreement on the arrangement. This involves arranging investments or other products on your behalf as required and may extend to implementing a specific financial planning process, such as estate planning. We will act as the intermediary between the product provider(s) and you, with a view to arranging the purchase of any recommended products and or any advice regarding your existing arrangements.
ON-GOING REVIEW SERVICE – OPTIONAL SERVICE
An ongoing relationship with our clients has always been integral to our business, as we believe that it can add significant value to both individuals and businesses. Dependent upon client circumstances the ongoing relationship may vary, but the main purpose of this is to monitor your position to ensure that the products continue to meet your requirements. Through regular reviews, we can also develop our planning strategies over time to take into account changing circumstances and objectives as well as developments in economic conditions, legislation (taxation etc.), new ideas and financial products. Elements of the service can include the following:
- Up-to-date valuation of all investments held; quarterly, six monthly or annually.
- Telephone and email access to your adviser, along with a face-to-face meeting to review your affairs at predefined intervals.
- An assessment of your investments and pensions with a fund review to determine continuing suitability.
- Guidance regarding the minimisation of your income and capital gains tax liabilities in relation to your investments, as well as how much to restructure your holdings to mitigate the effects of inheritance tax on your estate.
- Advice regarding changing pension legislation and the opportunities and threats created by this.